Interesting facts about Eyes !!!
Eyes are organs that detect light and convert it into electro-chemical impulses in neurons. The simplest photoreceptors in conscious vision connect light to movement. Here are some interesting Facts about Eyes :-
1. Healthy eyes are so sensitive to light that a candle burning in the dark can be detected 1.6km (1 mile) away.
2. The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
3. The cornea in eye is the only living tissue in the human body that does not contain any blood vessels.
|Human Eye !!!|
4. All babies are color blind when they are born.
5. Vitamin A can help to improve eyesight because it is needed by retina for forming specific metabolite.
6. Our body has some natural protection for our eyes. Our eyelashes help to keep dirt out of our eyes. Our eyebrows are made to keep sweat from running into our eyes.
7. Blinking helps to wash tears over our eyeballs. That keeps them clean and moist.
8. The shark cornea has been used in eye surgery, since its cornea is similar to a human cornea.
9. The eyeball of a human weighs approximately 28 grams.
10. Babies' eyes do not produce tears until the baby is approximately six to eight weeks old.
11. The reason why your nose gets runny when you are crying is because the tears from the eyes drain into the nose.
12. Human eyes contain a small blind spot where the optic nerve passes through the retina. Our brains use information from the other eye to fill in the vision gap so it is rarely, if ever, noticed.
13. Eyes are composed of more than two million working parts.
|Evolution of Human Eye !!!|
15. Scientists believe that animal eyes evolved around 500 million years ago, beginning in simple form but giving a distinct advantage. This advantage led to eyes evolving quickly amongst animals as those without the ability to see struggled to survive against those that could.
16. Human eyes can process 36,000 bits of information every hour.
18. Red and Green are the most commonly confused colours among colour blind people.
19. Colour blindness is 10 times more common in males than females
|Structure of Eye !!!|